Deskside Support Engineer III
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a world leading global organisation. Our client, a blue-chip IT company, is currently seeking a Deskside Support Engineer III based on their customer site in Bristol. This is a full-time temporary role, office hours to start ASAP. The role is paying up to £18 per hour, for 6 months
**Due to the nature of our client's work the successful candidate must obtain SC Security Clearance. For this reason, we are only able to progress applications from British nationals**
OUTLINE OF JOB
We are looking for a highly customer focused and keen Deskside Support Engineers to support our client during a desktop migration project providing 1st/ 2nd line customer support within a Tech Bar (Walk in Centre) environment the Tech Bar will primarily provide a virtual service for workers country wide but walk ups at the base locations is also expected and encouraged.
The successful candidate will possess a combination of good interpersonal and communication skills as well as an aptitude for working with applications, systems, and hardware to drive and find first time fix, resolutions to end user problems ranging from the straightforward to more complicated technical issues the successful candidates should be able to work independently without direct supervision as well as part of a wider team.
This is a full time 9-5pm onsite based position.
- Provision of the virtual andonsite tech bar services this includes but is not exclusive too.
- Microsoft Windows operating system - all related issues.
- Microsoft Office 365 /2019 - all related issues.
- Software related issues (Standard & Non-Standard).
- AAD Management.
- Intune management.
- How-to assistance with general IT issues around the migration process.
- Case management of Incidents and IMAC's in line with SLA's within the ServiceNow environment.
- Proactively keeping customers updated with incident status at all times.
- Liaising with other teams to facilitate resolutions for users
Located in the city centre with good access to public transport links, shops and city centre parking, on-site parking is available but limited to first come first served.
This role requires SC clearance so applicants will need to be willing/prepared to go through the screening process.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
Excellent interpersonal communication skills, positive and engaging manner and a high degree of customer service aptitude.
Support experience in either a Tech Bar (Walk in Centre) or direct end user desk side support.
previous experience in an IT support organization covering.
- Microsoft Windows 10
- Microsoft 365/Office and applications inc Outlook,
- Microsoft Intune
- Azure Active Directory,
- Basic hardware knowledge, laptop keyboards, memory, hard drives
- Working with remote tools to control end user devices.
Strong understanding of ITIL incident management, including upholding SLAs and communication to end users at varying skill levels.
Excellent organizational skills.
Ability to multitask and manage own time effectively.
Ability to work independently (but still part of a larger team)
Self-motivated achiever who gains satisfaction from providing excellent customer service.