IT Network Analyst
- Experis Ireland
- 25 May 2023
- 22 Jun 2023
- Orlaith O'Mahony
- Job Type
ResponsibilitiesApplications are invited for the permanent position of IT Network Analyst within the IT team based in Cork. This role is responsible for providing and maintaining a secure and compliant network technology environment across the Cork team, with wider engagement required on network best practices across other sites.
This FMCG company are the concentrate team for this brand working across the Beverage, Nutrition and Snacks categories to deliver concentrate for many of the mega brands. They are at the heart of these products, sourcing ingredients to manufacture more than 1,200 recipes for our brands. They are a global organisation, situated in 16 locations across 9 countries offering careers in various functions from Manufacturing, Supply Chain, Procurement, Quality, Finance, R&D, HR and IT. They want team members who can collaborate in our fast-paced global organisation and are passionate about creating and delivering much-loved household brands to markets across the world.
Their Information Technology (IT) team is going through an exciting time. The company is transforming the way they use technology across all areas of the business, and IT act as our partners, advisers and service providers on this journey. Many of their IT roles have an international focus, and support internal clients across multiple countries, helping them to identify, deploy and optimise the technology needed to deliver outstanding results. Do you have a passion for solving business challenges by leveraging technology? If so they could take your talents to a whole new level.
The IT Network Analyst will support their Cork team, which is made up of three manufacturing plants, R&D offices and headquarters. The team supports 1000+ cross-functional users, different locations and delivers IT infrastructure and operations stability, performance, and projects to IT global standards.
This position will involve managing and supporting a stable network infrastructure environment, acting as escalation point for Field Services for Network IT issues in Cork, supporting critical incident resolution and interacting with Service Management Teams. This role requires high levels of communication and collaboration as the role works closely with internal IT groups such as architecture, Compute and Workplace Services (WPS), incident/change management teams & senior IT management. Engagement with technical/project teams, manufacturing operations and engineering teams will be required for IT network project delivery.
Vendor management is key in this role, with external support from several third-party vendors. A deep understanding of IT and its function to support manufacturing is required. There is also a responsibility to engage with managed services vendors providing support to the network, compute and manufacturing systems environment in Cork. Engagement with IT teams from other sites to share knowledge, best practices, maintain global network engineering standards and to coordinate upgrade projects.
- Responsible for maintaining network environment operational performance and stability across the Cork campus; ensuring resilience for the business; minimising downtime and incidents.
- Ensures the Cork network infrastructure environment remains compliant with all global standards.
- Leads, participates in and delivers Cork network and operations projects as required.
- The incumbent will be responsible for managing changes, problem analysis and process improvements, along with enhancing and maintaining network infrastructure security and integrity.
- Communicates to relevant IT and Business stakeholders on network issues and project delivery.
- Strong history in Network IT Operations with 5+ years' experience
- In-depth technical knowledge and integration experience is required across Network, Compute, Workplace Services & Security technologies.
- Degree/Masters in related area or relevant industry experience
- Previous experience collaborating, building relationships across multiple teams and vendors
- Broad technical capability as well as excellent communicator
- Well organized and strong ability to multi-task and reprioritize work regularly
Additional or Desired
- External certifications and qualifications required in these areas: Cisco Networking, Network Security and Palo Alto
- Desirable to have in depth knowledge of Pepsi processes, (e.g., change approvals, security assessments)
- Awareness of IT, business, and IT/OT governance strategies and wider priorities
- Project and integration experience on some/all the following: Cisco & Palo Alto Firewalls, Cisco Core/Access Switches/Routers, Cisco ISE, Wireless Access Points, Wireless LAN Controllers, SCADA Control Systems, ACP Thin Manager, Wonderware Applications, Terminal Servers, Thin Clients, RF Barcode Scanners and Manufacturing Printers, Service-Now, Change Control, Problem/Incident Management, Vendor Access Management
Apply for IT Network Analyst
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly