Senior Data Engineer
- Experis Ireland
- Dublin South, Dublin
- 25 May 2023
- 22 Jun 2023
- Orlaith O'Mahony
- Driving and Logistics
- Job Type
Senior Data Engineer
At this company, they empower their customers to make a difference in their lives. And the same goes for their employees.
They have offices in Belfast, Galway and Dublin, where they've embraced hybrid working and empower their people to work flexibly to suit their needs and those of their customers.
Their diverse customer base benefits from the diverse perspectives of our teams that serve them, solving complex problems with creative ideas.
They're part of something bigger with a presence in North America, the UK, and Europe. Their business has grown organically and through acquisitions to over $20 billion of total annual premiums.
They want you to succeed with them and grow - and they'll give you the tools, flexibility and learning opportunities you need to do it.
And, if you bring your best, then they promise to give you, our best.
Culture and Community
This organization is a purpose-driven business - their purpose is to 'help people, businesses, and society prosper in good times, and be resilient in bad times'.
They do that by living their values - Integrity, Respect, Customer-driven, Excellence, and Generosity - in everything that they do.
They provide an open and honest workplace - where everybody contributes, and every view is listened-to and respected.
Generosity is in their DNA and is the value that guides and enables teir people to help others, protect the environment and make their communities more resilient. It drives their efforts to care for people and to give their time, financial resources and talent. They are also committed to helping society adapt to a changing climate taking reasonable care to ensure that their business activities are conducted in an environmentally sustainable manner.
Our stats don't lie… in their annual engagement survey
91% of their people celebrate the diversity in their teams and wider company
90% of their people feel safe to share they've made a mistake
89% of their people strive to recognise colleagues for the amazing work they do
89% of their people know how their job supports the company's strategy
So if you want to make a difference every day, they'd love to have you.
Senior Data Engineer - Data & Analytics
Exciting new opportunity to join our highly skills Data team in Dublin. They are looking to hire an experienced Senior Data Engineer to streamline the design, development, and maintenance of applications based on data and analytics. An important component of the role is to coordinate these improvements with the goals of the business. Aim is also to deliver value faster by creating predictable delivery and change management of data, data models, and related artifacts.
They are in the process of building its central Data and Analytics capability. The new team is tasked with providing Data, MI and Analytics to the Business. The team works closely with all functions. The selected candidate will be expected to provide technical development skills to support and build out the Operational Data Store (ODS) architecture.
- SME: root cause analysis / design solution
- Data quality controls (build / run / remediate)
- Develop and maintain databases and data warehouses which facilitate analysis and insights, and which drive Business actions
- Contribute to continuous modernisation of data infrastructure (migration from On-Prem to Cloud)
- Work with the MI Analytics team to identify, develop and convert their requirements into usable datasets.
- Coordination and prioritisation of Business requests
- Maintenance documentation / data dictionary
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum 5 to 7 years' experience in a similar role
- Candidate must be highly numerate holding a degree in a quantities subject (e.g. maths, engineering, data, analytics), minimum result 2.1
- Advanced SQL is compulsory
- Demonstrable working knowledge of all database objects
- Experience working in a regulatory environment is strongly preferred
- Knowledge and or understanding of ETL processes and tools is required
- Data model development
- Datawarehouse and DataMart's development is required
- Understanding of development lifecycles and release schedules is required
- Experience in working in agile environment will be an advantage
- Azure development experience (i.e., SQL, Data Factory, Synapse, Databricks) will be an advantage.
- Experience managing a team will be an advantage.
Competencies and Behaviours:
- Must be able to work autonomously and or as part of dynamic teams
- Must have strong planning and organisation skills
- Must be a strong and clear communicator
- Must be attentive to details and have a strong delivery focus
- Must be able to interpret and convert business requirements
Apply for Senior Data Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly