Senior ICT Support Engineer
- Experis Ireland
- 25 May 2023
- 22 Jun 2023
- Orlaith O'Mahony
- Job Type
This company is a rapidly expanding diversified health-care services business with a global footprint and a proud heritage in Ireland. Since this company became a publicly listed company, the Group has grown organically and through a series of strategic acquisitions, which continue to strengthen their international reach. With a workforce of close to 3,000 spread across Ireland, United Kingdom, the Netherlands, the Nordics and the USA, this company is a trusted global partner to pharma and medtech manufacturers, working to improve patient access to medicines and treatments around the world.
This company provides outsourced and specialised services to its clients, leveraging the strong relationships with 200+ of the world's best known pharmaco-medical manufacturers across multiple geographies, enabled by our cutting-edge digital technology and our expert teams. This company is organised into three key divisions: Supply Chain & Retail, Commercial & Clinical (Med Tech / Pharma) and Product Access.
They pride themselves in being truly entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, with a strong problem-solving ethos. They have built working relationships which span decades with many of the world's largest pharma and medtech companies. They believe that this is because they know how to build a relationship of trust with their partners - they put their customers and their patients at the heart of what they do and treat them with integrity and respect. Everything this company does is enabled by their people. As they continue to grow domestically and internationally, they become more diverse. This rich diversity fuels their business and enriches their culture.
About the Role
The IT Support Desk Engineer will be responsible for both resolving technical issues and implementation of new IT projects for their users. They will also mentor junior members of the team and provide support assistance where required.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Internal project work developing and maintaining Windows environment
- Lead role in management of day to day ICT support tasks
- Administration and maintenance of System Centre Configuration Manager
- Administration and maintenance of Office365 environment
- Expertise in Microsoft HyperV environment
- Efficient with Windows Server and desktop technologies
- Creation of relevant Powershell scripts
- Carry out high level Administration tasks in Windows Active Directory.
- Maintaining a knowledge database
- Vendor Management
- Hours of work will be as part of a shift based rota covering 8am-6pm mon-fri
- Successful candidate will be required to provide on call support on a one week in five basis
QUALIFICATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS REQUIRED
- Must have an IT related qualification
- Ideally have 4+ years experience in a similar role
- Microsoft Certified
- Have a natural aptitude to learn new technologies and develop skills
- Must have full clean driver's license and own car
- Windows 10, Office365 & Anti-virus software.
- Office365 Administration
- SCCM administration and configuration
- Powershell scripting creation
- Microsoft Hyper-V Virtual environment and System Centre Suite maintenance
- Mobile phones and PDA support
- Understanding of IP networks and how to diagnose
- Knowledge of Windows Sever versions and Active Directory including Group Policies
- Understanding of Azure
- Knowledge Cisco Call Manager Telephony System
Being customer focused is the most essential part of all IT related roles. The successful candidate will also:
- Interact with other departments to facilitate resolution of Incidents
- Work with a team of engineers responsible for the resolution of a wide variety of problems.
- Have good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have good interpersonal and customer care skills
- Have an excellent attention to detail and be good at keeping records
- Have a strong aptitude for learning
- Work closely with our customers and suppliers to deliver solutions for their ICT requirements
- Escalate issues to appropriate support engineers or support partners
- Share knowledge with the team
Apply for Senior ICT Support Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly