Job Title: Production Controller
Location: Whetstone, UK
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 51512
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Production Controller at our Whetstone site.
As a Production Controller, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will ensure that all parts and kitting are in place before the item moves on in the manufacturing process and is compliant with Cavendish and client standards.
Day to day, you'll provide clear and visible tracking of work packages into the facility or about to be launched into WIP.
* Attend weekly stakeholder review meetings and fully feedback to stakeholder where we are in the programme and understand future load.
* Produce weekly, monthly sales/delivery forecast
* Produce works documentation "Job Bags" etc and to liaise with stores on kitting priorities
* Work with the assy and test manager and foreman to allocate labour and resources for their area of the works in a manner consistent with the programme for the works. This will be done in co-operation with the other Cavendish Nuclear engineers/supervisors as appropriate.
Essential experience of the Production Controller,
* SAP experience
* Tenacity-wants to be a problem-solver who is happy to chase people
* Good understanding of how timings from supply chain can affect delivery
* Manufacturing/engineering background - having a good idea of how things within a similar regulated industry would be helpful (aerospace would be very similar, automotive, machine shop, welding, factory)
* Fast-paced production engineering (not necessarily the food industry though)
This is a full-time role, on site at Whetstone (five days)
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 08/06/2023