Job Title: Business Architects
Location: Bristol or Leicester or Plymouth - Hybrid - Working from home options available
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF50142
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Business Architect at either our Bristol, Leicester or Plymouth site.
As a Business Architect, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary; working with customers across the defence sector and the naval marine domain in particular, all the while being part of a team that is responsible for the development of architectural artefacts / deliverables and acting in a consultative capacity supporting the customer on a range of delivery / transformation programmes.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for documenting the current and future business, applications and data architecture then maintaining those models through enterprise change and enable exploitation of them to support enterprise design decision making and stakeholder communications.
* Support Babcock and their customers in the delivery of business transformation programmes.
* Contribution to the selection/definition of context-appropriate architectural meta-models including industry standard (e.g. Archimate), extended/adapted and bespoke.
* Maintenance of Architecture Management Plans.
* Analysis of current and future business (process & organisation), information and applications to create associated architectural models and viewpoints. This will involve bottom-up analysis of physical artefacts (e.g. database schema) and review of documentation (e.g. Quality Management systems, specifications, etc.) supported by interviews and workshops with subject matter experts.
Essential Experience of the Business Architect:
* Excellent communication skills; able to distil and convey complex concepts to diverse audiences.
* Practical experience of the application of model driven architecture (framework agnostic) in support of Business Transformation.
* Demonstratable experience of the selection and application of a range modelling notations and architecture frameworks/development methods.
* Ideally, you'll have experience of modelling using MOOD, Sparx EA, and Archi and/or similar/equivalent tools.
* It is highly desirable to be operating in a commercial customer facing role
This role requires for you to be onsite typically, for a couple of days a week.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
Babcock International has helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.