Job Title: Solutions Architect
Location: Bristol or Leicester
Compensation: £53,020.00 - £59,298.00
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF 50691
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Solutions Architect at our Bristol or Leicester site.
As a Solutions Architect, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You will be key in supporting a large and complex customer delivery, that will revolutionise our customer's working patterns across the maritime enterprise.
Day to day, you'll be responsible for the scoping, designing and presenting solutions to the customer and staff through discussion, written proposals, formal presentations, whiteboard workshops and diagrammatic storyboarding.
Responsibilities will also include:
* Leading in designing, assessing, specifying, costing and down-selecting IT solutions in support of both infrastructure team COTS based solution delivery and the development of in-house solutions. This will include leading on scoping and design of a proposed SharePoint solution
* Supporting the Enterprise Architect in developing and maintaining a model of the current and future IT systems architecture, integration and solutions roadmap.
* Supporting bids and business change in estimating cost and preparing business cases for IT solutions, including partnering with account managers across our supply chain to ensure value for money and commercial compliance for all solutions proposed and delivered.
Essential experience of the Solutions Architect
* You will have experience in technical architecture and solution design.
* Strong technical knowledge of Windows, Oracle Middleware, Virtualisation, VDI based deliveries (VMWare/Citrix)
* Strong understanding of security principles
* Strong customer engagement skills are a must, as well as bid experience being useful to have.
We offer hybrid working with 2/3 days required in the office per week.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance level for this role. You must be a sole UK national.
* Generous holiday allowance
* Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
* Employee share scheme
* Employee shopping savings portal
* Payment of Professional Fees
* Reservists in the armed forces receive 10 days special paid leave
* Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
* 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For the full extensive Benefits package please visit our Careers pages
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.