Senior Packaging Engineer
Senior Packaging Engineer
- Location: Galway
- Salary: €60 - €70k
- Job Type: Full-time, Contract
Medtronic are a well-known and highly regarded employer in the Galway region. Positions at this employer are highly sought after with excellent conditions, career prospects, permanency post contract and flexible working conditions in place wherever possible.
At our Packaging & Labelling (P&L) Engineering Department in Medtronic, plc, we focus on the development of cutting-edge medical device packaging in the Vascular & Implant Therapies Space. Senior P&L Engineers support a broad array of Technology Transfers, Continuous Improvement Initiatives & are directly involved in the development of innovative packaging for use in medical procedures.
A Day in The Life Of:
- Development of packaging components and assemblies for medical devices.
- Serves as a subject matter expert on cross-functional, cross-divisional project teams focusing on design, technology, and process.
- Develops technical documentation including design specs, input requirements, validations, and technical reports in accordance with quality system requirements.
- Supports issue investigations and corrective actions.
- Actively collaborates with Packaging and Labelling peers across Medtronic to identify and implement best practices.
- Utilizes knowledge of FDA and ISO requirements related to packaging and labelling, ensuring robust package validation and qualification.
- Utilize project management skills to gain alignment, lead cross functional teams, and drive continuous improvement projects that focus on "best in class" outcomes.
- Provides guidance, coaching and training to others within packaging engineering team.
Key Skills & Experience
- Qualified person to Degree level L8 in Engineering/Science or a related discipline, Master's desirably, with five (5) years relevant experience.
- We are looking for individuals with experience in biomedical materials, processing knowledge and medical packaging design procedures.
- We are looking for individuals with a proven track record in innovative package design, product development and manufacturing.?
- Promotes and practices a culture of integrity, ethics and compliance with laws and policies.
- Collaborates across organizational boundaries.
- Translates complexity into simplicity and articulates crispy and clearly.
- Creates and communicates clear strategy/plan.
- Demonstrates good judgement.
- Takes accountability for and delivers consistent decisions, actions, and results.
- Be passionate and driven, with the ability to making tough decisions in difficult situations.
Simply Apply Now or contact [email protected] for further information.