Packaging Team Leader
Packaging Team Leader
Grifols are actively seeking a Packaging Team Leader for secondary packaging activities. The successful candidate will have experience leading a team with the ability to motivate, guide, train, coach and develop department personnel.
This role will report the Packaging Supervisor.
What your responsibilities will be:
- Set up, coordinate, regulate and troubleshoot packaging assembly line equipment in a biologics processing environment for plasma derived pharmaceuticals.
- Perform visual inspection of product vials in accordance with specifications.
- Manually, or with the help of material handling equipment, load, unload, palletize, and distribute materials and products.
- Adhere to procedures and practices and maintain compliance with applicable departmental, corporate, industrial standards and/or applicable health, safety and regulatory requirements of a competent regulatory body.
- Responsible for the accuracy and completeness of batch documentation and material reconciliation.
- Responsible for cleaning facilities and equipment and for ensuring packaging machineries are maintained in proper working order. Perform basic calibration, preventive maintenance and repair work.
- Recommend and implement measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, facility layout, and quality of product.
- Maintain a quality presence to ensure compliance with all regulatory requirements.
- Maintain current knowledge of regulatory and industry standards.
- Generate thorough written reports, when required, that summarize investigations performed for out-of-specification results or out-of-procedure events.
- Participate in regulatory and internal inspections/audits including providing written responses as applicable for area of responsibility.
- Provide guidance and hands-on training to peers and/or direct reports and ensure all training records are up to date and in line with training SOP's
Who you are:
- Minimum of 1-3 years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, GMP, or EU regulated environment is required.
- Must be proactive, results oriented, and have strong attention to detail.
- Self-starter with strong work ethic and the ability to exercise good judgment.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and manage multiple tasks to meet targeted deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to interact with personnel at all levels in a team environment.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills with the ability to make
- structured decisions on a routine basis.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire high performance in others and align team members around shared goals.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of cGMPs, EU regulations, and industry guidelines highly preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in the English language.
- Computer literacy with proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
- Must be flexible with working hours / shifts in order to accommodate the 24-hour operation
- Bachelor's degree. Emphasis on Biology, Chemistry, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or closely related scientific / technical discipline is preferred.Equivalency: In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, candidate must have a vocation certification in a technical field, and a minimum of 4 years of related experience in a pharmaceutical, GMP, or EU regulated environment