Manufacturing Engineer - Intern
ManpowerGroup are recruiting for an exciting intern position for an Engineering student or recent graduate based in Galway city with our partner MSA Safety
This is a paid internship to cover a period of 4 months.
MSA Safety - global leader in the development, manufacture and supply of safety products that protect people and facility infrastructures manufacturing industry in Ireland, based in Galway
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office tools, with emphasis on Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to work in a team environment
- High motivation and the desire to learn, as well as the ability to take specific work direction
- Familiarity with SAP enterprise resource planning software (ERP) and AutoCAD computer-aided design (CAD) software is not required but it is highly advantageous.
Candidates must be actively pursuing a Bachelor's degree in Industrial /Manufacturing/Mechanical Engineering within an accredited program and must have completed at least two semesters prior to the beginning of this opportunity.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Project support within plant operations including but not limited to:
- Facility layout analysis and optimization
- Work cell design and configuration
- Generate manufacturing documentation including: Bill of Materials, Routings, Operations Methods, etc.
- Refine raw material storage and handling practices.
- Process evaluation and support to realize safety, quality, delivery, and cost improvements
- Lead 6S projects to standardize housekeeping and restoration practices