Health & Safety Officer
Health and Safety Officer
The purpose of the H&S Officer is to assist the H&S Manager in implementing a health & safety
environment and to design, implement and monitor the Company safety policies and strategies to
ensure compliance with relevant legislation.
Duties and Authorities and Key Responsibilities
- Provision of advice to management and employees at all levels on matters relating to health and safety.
- Ensuring that the company's safety statement and supporting documentation is up to date and in accordance with all relevant legislation and best safety practice.
- Supporting the company's policy of providing a safe working environment for all employees.
- Monitoring the regulatory environment and liaising with state agencies and other bodies on matters pertinent to Health and Safety.
- Monitoring and measurement of safety performance including accident data and audit results
- Ensuring that all records relating to the Health and Safety of staff are maintained and kept up to date.
- Assisting in the organisation of safety training courses in consultation with managers.
- Increasing safety awareness within the company by regular staff and management briefings.
- Ensuring hazard identification and risk assessment service to all managers on issues relating to safety, health and welfare.
- Identifying training needs of all employees and the development of training programmes in consultation with managers and supervisors.
- Assisting in the implementation of auditing and inspection procedures in consultation with other managers, and advice regarding corrective procedures.
- Participating in the data input to IT systems to support the company's H&S implementation plan & strategy
- Managing the auditing and calibration of equipment and business critical tools
- Completing investigations into accidents, near misses and dangerous occurrences and provide comprehensive reports on all necessary actions
- Administering the HSE requirements to ensure the yearly retention of our ISO accreditations
- Carry out your duties to meet Quality, Safety and Environmental requirements at all times.
- Managing client relationships with the promotion of customer focus.
- Authority to close sites if deemed necessary due to HSEQ malpractice.
- The successful candidate will have a minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position
- Health and Safety qualification is essential.
- Strong understanding of health and safety legislation and how to implement it in a field environment.
- Must be able to travel in Ireland.
- Knowledge of Telecoms or construction industry would be an advantage.