Packaging Development Manager
An exciting opportunity has arisen working with a world leading global organisation, we are looking for a Packaging Development Manager based at our client's Research & Development Facility in Seacroft, Leeds.
This is a full-time temporary role working 37.5 hours per week, to start ASAP. This is a hybrid role working between the Leeds site and from home and the role is to last until the end of May 2024, paying up to £45,000 per annum, pro rata, depending on experience.
- Oral care has multiple packaging formats, SKUs, specifications across all its markets. The complexity reduction program is a holistic approach towards analysing the current level of packaging complexity in the category, analysing the data and pulling out smart complexity reduction proposals. These proposals are already created by the technical teams after careful introspection and asking the right questions like…….why we need multiple caps for the same tubes, are so many heights for tubes really needed, why are same caps made of multiple colours etc.
- These proposals are endorsed by stakeholders and are expected to be rolled out after close engagement with the impacted teams /projects across key markets (as mentioned below)
- The proposals are for multiple SKUs spanning across EU, India, Indonesia and Vietnam markets.
Expectations from the candidate
- The candidate is expected to lead the program and ensure that the proposals are explained to regional teams, their views are sort.
- Connect back to Global Pack teams to resolve queries if any.
- Ensure that the proposals are endorsed by all stakeholders across the regions.
- Risks if any are identified and presented to right stakeholders.
- Put together a network for implementation of the proposals and independently drive the network.
- Report status to stakeholders and sponsors
- Highlight hurdles and seek unlocks wherever required.
- The candidate will be independently driving the program with minimum intervention from the global packaging team.
- 4-6 years with at least 4 years in project /program management. Packaging experience not mandatory
- Technical skills: Hands on experience on XL, PowerPoint, Project Management
- Soft Skills: Stakeholder Management, managing global team (communications and reporting), result driven.