Lead Software Engineer
Job Title: Lead Developer
Employment Type: Permanent, Full-time
Location: Northampton, Milton Keynes, or Dublin - Hybrid, once a week in office.
Salary range - £70,000 to £90,000
About Us: Experis, a leading workforce solutions provider, is seeking a talented and experienced Development Team Lead/Lead Developer to join our dynamic team. As an industry leader, we work on exciting projects that challenge the boundaries of technology and innovation. In this role, you will lead one of our development teams dedicated to the platform. If you are passionate about PHP and MySQL-based applications and thrive in a collaborative, high-performance environment, we want to hear from you.
- Pension Plan
- Health Insurance
- Flexible Working
- Competitive Salary
- Act as the team lead, providing mentorship and support to team members.
- Collaborate closely with fellow engineers to advise on best practices, coach them, and review code.
- Embrace agile methodologies, managing the backlog and workload of the team.
- Work closely with the product team to understand their vision and translate it into engineering product requirements.
- Champion best practices and identify opportunities for process improvements within the team and the broader Xtremepush community.
- Investigate, test, and resolve technical issues to ensure optimal platform performance.
Your Experience and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience in a software development role, with a strong background in PHP.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience in a leadership role.
- Exceptional communication skills, with the ability to convey complex technical concepts in a clear and understandable manner.
- Proficient understanding of SOLID principles, Object-Oriented Programming (OOP), and other development patterns and best practices.
- Familiarity with distributed systems design, including asynchronous task scheduling and processing.
- Proven experience working with high-performance systems and solving complex engineering challenges at scale.
- Hands-on experience with Cloud and DevOps technologies, such as AWS, Terraform, and CI/CD pipelines.
- An interest in or prior experience with marketing technologies.
Enthusiasm for or experience with big data, data analytics, AI, and machine learning
All candidates must have EU Citizenship, British Citizenship, Stamp 4, or Stamp 1G