Information Assurance Specialist
Information Assurance Specialist
Location: Ashton Vale, Bristol + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53160
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as an Information Assurance Specialist at our Ashton House site.
As an Information Assurance Specialist, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. An opportunity to make a real difference at a time when UK Defence Cyber Security transitions to a secure by design approach. You will be integral to how this new approach matures, and how it is embraced by both the UK Defence and Suppliers.
Day to day, you'll be a member of the Mission Systems Information Assurance Team; the team provide support to a range of Information & Communication Technology (ICT) system design, integration, and support projects. The principal tasks are to provide high quality, HMG and MOD standards compliant IA advice and guidance to the wider Systems Engineering and Design teams, produce bid proposal and project IA deliverables, manage project system security accreditation processes, and its migration through Secure by Design in accordance with the change to MOD Policy.
This role provides flexible hybrid working with one to two days per week in the office and the remainder working from home.
Essential experience of the Information Assurance Specialist:
- Previous experience of supporting ICT projects to deliver to JSP 604 compliance
- Working knowledge HMG IA Standards, NCSC IA Publications, and MOD JSP 440
- Experience of International Standards including ISO27000 and NIST Cyber Security Framework
- Providing customer-facing IA advice and guidance
- Delivering both tactical and strategic solutions focused around customer priorities
Qualifications for the Information Assurance Specialist:
We value difference and we don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must have SC clearance and be able to achieve DV security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity.
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing Date: 03/10/2023