Job Title: Project Manager
Location: Bristol, Stoke Gifford + Hybrid
Compensation: £53,020 - £64,883 dependant upon experience + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF52610
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Project Manager at our Bristol site.
As a Project Manager, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The role will lead a small team of project management and controls staff responsible for the transformation and delivery of a new corporate approach to managing a large and complex project portfolio. Your portfolio level outputs will bring coherence and strategic awareness to the UK's complex £billion submarine programme.
Day to day, you'll lead a team of four project professionals to consistently deliver objectives on time and to quality. Your key responsibilities will include;
- Developing the business portfolio management approach and deliver portfolio outputs that support executive awareness and monitoring of strategic plans and risks.
- Developing innovative and effective methods of presenting the portfolio plan, risks, options, conclusions, and recommendations.
- Intelligently coordinate, deconflict and integrate information from the wider business and client stakeholders
- Evaluating strategic analysis, project and programme schedules, workforce plans, and financial forecasts to develop the strategic programme
Essential experience of the Project Manager:
- A strong sense of ownership and responsibility for outputs, including timeliness, quality, and accuracy, especially when dealing with executive stakeholders
- Excellent evidence of team working and a willingness to proactively engage stakeholders at all levels to drive successful delivery
- Experience and working understanding of project cost forecasting, workforce resource management and project/programme planning in MS Project and Primavera P6
- Keen ability to develop concepts and formats for data presentation that provide compelling communication of information
- Strong experience handling and analysing diverse sources of numeric data
This role is full time, 36 hours per week. Our Project Manager will be onsite typically between 3 to 5 days per week (this will vary dependant on business needs).
Qualifications for the Project Manager:
- Relevant degree level education (or equivalent demonstrable experience)
You must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over 130 years Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 22/09/2023