Manpower is looking to recruit an experienced Office Manager to assist with one of our clients in Leeds. This role is full time, temporary assignment, paid at £20.40ph.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
(This job description is not a complete listing of all duties but contains the key elements of the role).
- Answer queries and provide assistance.
- Process membership applications and keep membership data up to date.
- Administer member direct debit applications/changes.
- Collect cash subscriptions and arrears (e.g., ensure collection is made prior to payment of Union benefits, especially Legal).
- Provide assistance for local delivery of education services.
- Open correspondence and respond as appropriate on a timely basis.
- Answer telephones in a courteous and helpful manner.
- Keep skills up to date with training.
- Bank cash received and keep petty cash records.
- Accurately record absence and holidays taken for all District Office employees - officers and staff.
- Initiate process to get minor office repair work done.
- Undertake regional administrative functions to ensure excellent service to members, officers, activists and branches.
- Be open and willing to change in ways to suit needs of organisation, to improve the service to members, and to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the organisation.
- Competent use of all Microsoft Office applications particularly Microsoft Word.
- Transcription skills using appropriate techniques (e.g. Shorthand, Speedwriting etc.)
- Good interpersonal skills, the ability to communicate with people at all levels.
- Displays a flexible and co-operative approach to initiating and completing changes of processes / working practices.
- Discretion and the ability to work to a high degree of confidentiality.
- Awareness of security issues relating to cash handling etc.
- Ability to draft correspondence, reports and information for committees.
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to prioritise workloads.
- Working knowledge of office systems and procedures.
- Knowledge of taking minutes at meetings.
- Ability to assist with balloting arrangements.
- Ability to extract statistics from computer records.
- Excellent numeracy skills.
Location: Leeds city Centre
Hours of work: 35 hours/week 9am - 5pm, Monday to Friday with Friday earlier finish
Apply now, and one of Manpower team will be in touch shortly.