HR Business Partner - Ireland
JOB TITLE: Human Resource Business Partner - Ireland
COMPANY: Unilever Ireland
JOB TYPE: Contract (12 Months) - Maternity Cover
WORK MODE: Hybrid (2 days at the office)
The HRBP for Ireland is a key strategic partner for the Unilever Ireland business. As a member of the Ireland leadership team the HRBP drives the people, culture and transformation agenda across the business.
The HRBP primarily partners with the Head of CD Ireland and Head of country on the strategic agenda for the retail business, however, the role is also responsible for providing local and legislative support for the other functions within the business including a small manufacturing facility based in Cork. Leading a small team in Ireland, the HRBP manages all aspects of the HR agenda for the Irish business and works with the wider UKI HR team to ensure alignment with the UKI and global.
This role reports directly to the HR Director for the UKI.
Key focus areas for this role are:
* Love what you do: As a HRBP with a broad scope you will be passionate about all aspects of the HR function and lead your team to be an effective partner for the business
* Love your customer: You will work closely with the Head of Country to ensure the people strategy is executed across the full business and provide guidance and support for the business unit leads within Ireland and the UK.
* Do what you say: You will drive accountability for the people strategy across the full Ireland business and work with the leadership team to execute consistently across all functions and teams
* Be Different: You will be comfortable working through periods of change and transformation and will approach each situation with a fresh perspective and solutions focused attitude.
- Utilises the talent development process and tools in order to provide and develop the diverse talent pipeline for both the short and medium term needs of the company.
- Collaborates with the business to build high performing teams, implementing team and organisation design solutions and measurable performance indicators.
- Brings HR insight (including Employee and Industrial Relations) to bear on all people related issues (capacity, capability and culture).
- Be the key contact point for all HR related matters in the market, both from internal and external stakeholders.
- Assess the talent needs of the organisation in order to design and deliver the most effective talent solutions, taking into account the legal framework, budget/overheads targets and overall parity.
- Uses organisation diagnostic tools, benchmarking and creativity to plan and implement a range of organisation development interventions and effective organisation design alongside broader transformation initiatives.
- Drive and deliver organisation efficiency with organisation analysis output and collaborate with UKI HR team in landing changes.
- Ensure Ireland policies are up to date and in line with legislative guidelines and best practice. Work closely with the UKI employee excellence team to ensure that all policies are aligned where possible with wider Unilever policy.
- End-to-end HR agenda, from employer branding and talent development to reward and benefits.
- Design and implementation of a strategic HR agenda for Ireland, in line with business objectives and broader UKI HR strategy context.
- Coaching and advising business leaders in the optimization of organisation and team design to improve performance.
- Ensuring strong foundation of the HR function, delivering policy and process improvement through work with the wider UKI HR teams and leveraging support and expertise from the HR functional experts.
- Developing partnerships with the UKI team to ensure cross-border learning and development initiatives are open to all relevant employees. Manage the learning and development budget to ensure all functions are provided for.
- Driving Purpose through the organisation as part of future fit development plans and employee engagement.
- Working with the wider leadership team manage the Great Place to Work submission on an annual basis and deliver results and actions to the team for review and implementation.
- Represent Ireland in UK team meetings, ensuring alignment of agendas and cross-border initiatives
- Maintenance of GPTW accreditation and improvement in rating YoY
- Individual set of goals and Objectives set annually in conjunction with UKI HRD
- Delivery of people strategy for the Ireland business aligned to UKI strategy
- Delivery of organisational structural design in line with the wider business priorities
Key Experience Required
- Excellent knowledge of key HR processes, roles and responsibilities across the entire HR lifecycle.
- Good understanding of Irish legislation as it relates to HR.
- Quick learner, making data driven decisions and in line with broader agenda.
- Ability to operate independently and keep broader picture in mind, despite pressure from stakeholders both internally and externally.
- Minimum 3 Years of Experience as an HR business partner, partnering front-line business leadership in a matrix organisation.
- Experience working within a global organization is highly preferable
Note: Please apply only if you are based in Ireland and eligible to work full-time in Ireland.