Job Title: Combat Systems Software Engineer
Location: Bristol, UK - Hybrid
Compensation: Competitive Salary & Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53218
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Combat Systems Software Engineer at our Bristol site.
As a Combat Systems Software Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The Control Systems Engineer role is within our Mission Systems business area. Babcock is a trusted provider of integrated solutions for global defence and security. We have a wide portfolio of best-in-class intelligence surveillance and reconnaissance solutions, communications, and weapons launch and handling solutions across all domains, integrating the best of industry to meet our customers' needs.
Day to day, you will work as part of a team supporting our nation's key maritime assets and their ability to deliver missions successfully. The role will encompass software and hardware interfacing, combining both new design and compliance with existing interfaces.
- You will use software development tools for Issue Tracking, Configuration control and software testing.
- You will review new customer requirements to understand the impact against the current control system, leading the design and delivery of new solutions.
Essential experience of the Combat Systems Software Engineer:
- You will have experience developing software that will be embedded into, and provide control over, complex control systems.
- Prior software development experience in Emerson PLC IEC 61131-3 Ladder Logic, but any PLC software experience is beneficial
- Coding skills in Visual Basic would be beneficial but any of the following would be helpful; SQL, HTML or CSS
This is a full time and permanent vacancy, working at 37-hour week on a hybrid basis. We are very flexible but there will be requirements to visit customer sites as well as our offices in Bristol or a semi-regular basis.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS & SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.