Tax Operations Analyst
Tax Operations Analyst
We are currently recruiting for Tax Operations Analyst to work with our client who is a global leader in banking and wealth management to provide consumers, corporations, governments, and institutions with a broad range of financial services and products to achieve the best outcomes for clients and customers with financial ingenuity that leads to solutions that are simple, creative and responsible. The role is based in Dublin. This is a 15-month contract position.
This position supports the reduction/elimination of the organisation's franchise & regulatory risk through accurate and timely reporting and enhanced due diligence on customer accounts. In addition, the incumbent may be expected to migrate information reporting functions from various businesses into FRSS; this process includes training and job shadowing, building documentation such as procedures and process flows, and identifying gaps in the process based on tax regulations.
This position will work in a team-oriented environment.
The Tax Operations team is integral in ensuring relevant implementation with the legislative requirements in a thoughtful and methodical manner to not only ensure compliance but operational efficiency.
The foundation of any success in a tax operations group is the ability to identify the client and assess their structure and residency for tax purposes. To properly build a tax profile for a client, the appropriate static information must be captured and maintained, and relevant documentation must be collected, vetted, retained and re-solicited when required. This must then feed to all the necessary tax engines within operations as well as to required Front office systems.
The understanding of market tax treaties and documentation requirements is imperative to receive beneficial tax rates against taxable distributions.
- Exception management of CGM's US withholding tax allocations process.
- General Ledger control reconciliations of withholding tax.
- Perform IRS federal tax deposits.
- Provide assistance with annual 1099/1042s reporting.
- Ensure all tax exceptions in the Global Asset Servicing tool are monitored and actioned accordingly for various ICG Markets entities.
- Frequent interaction with business leads, middle office, and the asset services team to provide guidance on taxable events, so understanding the product and the issue is paramount.
- Work as part of a team to ensure all daily functions are covered to the highest standard with a 'no surprises' attitude.
- Ensure that processes and responsibilities are correctly followed in line with procedures.
- Assist with development and implementation of system enhancements and perform UAT testing.
- Will be exposed to management skill sets that can be learned and used in advancement.
- Will be exposed to areas of the business, i.e. trading, that will give a more rounded understanding of the process and what is involved.
- Will be part of developing landscape supporting a growing organization and providing best-in-class service to our businesses and clients.
- Time management/prioritization skills will be enhanced due to the nature of the role and its challenges.
- Insight into multiple businesses within a large institution.
- Practical experience within the operations tax/asset servicing industry.
- Familiarity with securities operations and workflows (Back-Office and Middle-Office) along with knowledge of the supported/related business areas (Equities, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Settlements, Reconciliation).
- Experience of compiling data, defining, documenting control requirements and detailed procedures.
- Knowledge of rational and flow mapping tools would be advantageous as well as the preparation and execution of test scripts.
- (Preferable) Knowledge of the US tax regulations (including US and NRA, documentation, withholding and reporting) and the Qualified Intermediary Regulations.
- Ability to interact confidently with other divisions, at all levels.
- Proactive and questioning nature.
- Strong Microsoft Office skills.
Educated to a degree standard preferable.
Practical experience in an operations environment.
For more information about this role kindly contact Aminat Ibrahim on +353 1 645 5213 or [email protected]