Job Title: Fabricator
Location: Plymouth, Devon + Relocation Assistance can be supported
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits Package
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53001
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Fabricator at our Devonport site.
As a Fabricator, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. This is an exciting opportunity to support the Submarine programmes here at Babcock International. This could see you working on warships, submarines or within our factories supporting delivering these complex engineering projects.
Day to day, you'll work on a wide variety of platforms undertaking structural repairs and alterations. Working to engineering drawings and technical specifications, you'll manufacture structural modules, fabricate and alter structures in a variety of metals and thickness.
If you can bring technical skills and a safe working attitude, then we can offer you the opportunity to work on some of the most exciting engineering projects this country has to offer.
This is a full time role, 36-hours per week, based onsite at Devonport Royal Dockyard. Relocation Assistance can be supported, please speak to the recruitment team.
We offer Travel Expenses to the interview (outside of a 35-mile radius of Devonport)
Essential experience of the Fabricator:
- You will need the ability to read engineering drawings, to interpret work instructions and be competent in the use of general workshop tools & machinery specific to fabrication.
- Ideally you will have worked in the marine engineering industry with experience of Royal Navy ships and submarines, Royal Fleet Auxiliary vessels or large commercial ships - although other relevant experience from other engineering sectors will be considered.
- Experience of working within marine engineering environment
Qualifications for the Fabricator:
- Time served apprentice within the field of marine engineering / naval engineering environment
- Indentured Apprenticeship relevant to the role
- Level 3 Modern Apprenticeship in a sheet metal, structural steel or fabrication related discipline
- Level 3 Engineering qualification relevant to the role
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive ten days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
- Travel Expenses to the Interview (outside of a 35-mile radius of Devonport)
- Relocation Assistance can be supported, please speak to the recruitment team
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.