Job Title: Quality Engineer
Location: Whetstone, Leicester + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF54599
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Quality Engineer at our Whetstone, Leicester site.
As a Quality Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. The key focus of this role is to support the delivery of one of our most important contracts on time, to the right quality and to the planned cost.
Day to day, you will provide advice, guidance and support to the business on all matters related to quality, ensuring outputs meet customer and regulatory requirements in a timely manner.
- You will support the Project Delivery Team to provide Quality support and guidance and acting as 'the customer's eyes'.
- Producing and reviewing work outputs (such as document packs) to present to the Customer.
- Carry out spot audits or surveillance to provide assurance that the contract requirements are being met.
- Participate in the recording and sentencing of non-conformance reports, implementing corrective/preventative actions where appropriate.
- Report on Quality performance in the project. Collect and analyse data, making recommendations on improvement opportunities.
This role is a full time position at 37 hours per week and will be based at our Whetstone, Leicester office with hybrid working from home arrangement up to 3 days per week. Hybrid working arrangements can vary dependent on the project being worked.
Agile working may be available to employees in some instances, applying the principles of fairness and consistency whilst ensuring that the overriding business needs can be appropriately met. We are happy to consider flexible, blended working, including part-time, condensed hours, and job sharing. Please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Essential experience of the Quality Engineer:
- We are looking for someone who has a passion for Quality. You will have some experience working in a Quality environment using tools such as 5-Why, 8D and process mapping.
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated, and can work within a group or individually.
- A keenness for problem solving and an analytical mindset.
- Have a flexible approach to the workload which can come in peaks and troughs.
- Able to prepare documents to a high standard as appropriate for issuing to our customers.
- Conversant with Office software package, Acrobat etc.
Qualifications for the Quality Engineer:
- ONC, HNC or NVQ Level 3 qualification in a quality, science, engineering discipline or industry experience
- ISO 9001 (or equivalent) auditor preferable but training can be provided.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve BPSS and SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows most employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities, and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.