Job Title: Quality Assurance Engineer
Location: Whetstone, Leicester + Hybrid Working Arrangement
Compensation: Competitive Salary + Benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53768
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Quality Assurance Engineer at our Whetstone site.
As a Quality Assurance Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll support the Senior Quality Assurance Engineer in the day-to-day Quality support of the production facilities within Whetstone and potentially others areas within Mission systems.
Day to day, you'll:
- Comply with as appropriate the organisation's quality policies, plans and procedures.
- Undertake internal surveillance and spot audits on the production facility to ensure compliant product and compliance with our BMS system.
- Identify and control of non-conformance from containment to preventative action including trend monitoring, conducting/supporting investigations and working closely with the supply chain quality team to prevent supplier escapes into the business.
- Formally review and approve activities, work or documentation, in accordance with the appropriate regulatory, policy and procedural obligations. Including documentation pack sign off and product verification.
- Be able to interpret specifications, standards and drawings and apply quality principles to establish quality requirements.
This role is full-time, 37 hours per week and will be based at Whetstone with hybrid working from home arrangements.
Essential experience of the Quality Assurance Engineer:
- Demonstratable knowledge of a quality related role
- Lean awareness
- Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings, procedures and supporting documentation
- Report and procedure writing skills
- Ability to analysis data and produce trend charts to aid lean activity
Qualifications for the Quality Assurance Engineer:
We value difference and we don't have a fixed idea when it comes to background or education, provided you can show the required level of experience and willingness to learn then we would like to hear from you.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Matched contribution pension scheme up to 8% of salary, with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview.
Closing date: 05/12/2023