Job Title: Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Location: Walsall, West Midlands
Compensation: £32000 + £1000 bonus + benefits
Role Type: Full time / Permanent
Role ID: SF53657
At Babcock we're working to create a safe and secure world, together, and if you join us, you can play your part as a Facilities Maintenance Engineer at our Walsall site.
As a Facilities Maintenance Engineer, you'll have a role that's out of the ordinary. You'll provide operational facilities maintenance support to the site.
Day to day, you'll be part of the maintenance department and participate in the delivery of wide range activities such as repairing and maintaining machinery as well as all facilities onsite, attending breakdowns, dealing with reactive and planned maintenance tasks. Along with fault finding and stock control to ensure stock is readily available.
- Carryout grounds maintenance activity throughout the year and support the inclement weather strategy
- Maintain and update FM systems to support Facilities Management related activity as required.
- Developing business awareness, building strong working relationships with stakeholders, works independently or as part of a small team`
- Maintain workshop tools and equipment in line with business workshop standards and statutory requirements
This is a full-time role based on site in Walsall. The hours will be 8am to 5pm Monday - Thursday with a 2pm finish on a Friday.
Essential experience of the Facilities Maintenance Engineer
- Electrical or Mechanical Experience
- IT literate and willing to learn how to interact on the various business systems
- Basic understanding of relevant statutory regulations
Qualifications for the Facilities Maintenance Engineer
- This role offers the opportunity for training and upskilling; however a basic Electrical or Mechanical Qualification is essential.
The successful candidate must be able to achieve SC security clearance for this role.
- Generous holiday allowance
- Competitive pension scheme with life assurance
- Employee share scheme
- Employee shopping savings portal
- Payment of Professional Fees
- Reservists in the armed forces receive 10-days special paid leave
- Holiday Trading is a benefit that allows the majority of employees to buy additional leave or to sell up to one working week of annual leave from their annual entitlement
- 'Be Kind Day' enables employees to take one working day's paid leave a year (or equivalent hours) to undertake volunteering work with their chosen organisation or registered charity
For over a century Babcock International have helped to defend nations, protect communities and build a better world. To continue, we must adapt, advance and be a sustainable business with a shared goal.
If you have a disability or need any reasonable adjustments during the application and selection stages, please let us know. We're committed to building an inclusive culture where everyone's free to thrive. We are happy to talk about flexible working - please ask about alternative patterns of work at interview