Manpower Ireland is currently recruiting for a Procurement Intern with Grifols. Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. They are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
Grifols Worldwide Operations Ltd. was established in 2012. Based in Dublin, they offer a comprehensive portfolio of Biopharma products and services worldwide.
It serves as the management center for Grifols Biopharma overseeing the treasury, risk management, supply and demand planning, regulatory, R&D, and commercial functions.
It also serves as a hub for labeling, packing, final conditioning, and distribution of finished plasma products to Grifols' worldwide network of commercial subsidiaries and distributors, with the exception of Spain and the United States.
The Procurement intern will be responsible to support ongoing operations within the Procurement department, both the GWWO Procurement team and Global Procurement Excellence team.
They will support Procurement team in the execution of goals and objectives for the procurement function. The Procurement team oversees purchasing all materials (packaging, consumables, chemicals, small tools, office equipment, PPE, services, etc.) required by the different functions within our facility and operations.
As an intern within this team, you will put your analytical and technical skills to the test to complete a project that will contribute to improve the functionality and level of service that team provides to our internal customers. Additionally, you will learn the SAP Ariba tool to support the internal stakeholder and suppliers in the management of this tool.
The purpose of this role is to assist in daily and monthly activities supporting both the external supplier programme and the internal audit schedule. This role will give the candidate a broad overview of Supplier Management operations and Internal Audit Quality Systems, as well as the critical interdepartmental responsibilities and communication to deliver business performance.
- Managing material and vendor master data
- Engaging, developing, and enhancing interdepartmental communication within Grifols: Operations, Facilities, Maintenance, HR, Quality, Laboratory, etc.
- Support in implementing change, improving and/or developing new processes as required to provide better services to our internal customers.
- Collaborate for continual improvement in supplier service and costs
- Collaborate with the Procurement team in market/industry research to prepare pre-negotiation meetings
- Translate purchase requirements (PR) into Purchase Orders. Placing POs on SAP and follow up delivery dates with vendors
- Perform Supplier Order Confirmations in SAP ERP system
- Collaborate with Data Analytics. Collect, transform and analysis data to improve process or identify solutions for business problems. Submit reports to the team and if it's necessary make presentation of a topic.
- Pulling source information and updating price agreements/contracts on SAP.
- Develop template for price comparison and support the specialist in vendor selection.
- Support the update of Procurement documentation and processes where necessary
- Assist with other Procurement projects as required
- Support in managing the internal mailing of questions about the SAP Ariba platform.
Who you are:
- Strong communication skills
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Business, International Business, Operations Management, Engineering, Supply Chain Management or Pharmaceutical field, (another related field may be considered)
- Highly motivated individuals who can collaborate in teams and be a self-starter.
- Not afraid to ask questions and be curious, with willingness to learn.
- Computer skills, Office 365, especially Excel.
- Highly focused, with an analytical mindset to find solutions for problems
- Open mindset to work with people from different culture backgrounds
- Problem solving
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume and a cover letter explaining their interest in the Procurement position at Grifols.