- Our jobs
- Register your interest
- About us
- Why apply?
- Key Information about the job
- More about the job itself
- What is it like to work here?
- Where are we recruiting?
- Are you eligible to apply?
- The recruitment process
- Disability and the Guaranteed Interview Scheme
- What's involved in the training?
- Candidate Information Pack
- Contact us
We are delighted to be able to offer some of these posts as level 3 Operational Delivery apprenticeships. We cannot guarantee an apprenticeship for everyone who would like one. We will ask you to express your interest in your application form.
If we are unable to offer an apprenticeship, we will, of course, offer a Customer Service Consultant post to successful candidates. If you accepted an offer of an apprenticeship you would be on the same pay and terms and conditions of employment as customer service consultants, and enjoy the same benefits.
Are you Eligible?
We will not offer you an apprenticeship if you:
- are in the UK on a student visa;
- are in the UK on another type of visa that allows you to work, but the duration of your leave to remain and work in the UK is less than 18 months from your expected take up duty date;
- already have the qualifications offered by the apprenticeship - Level 2 Award in Operational Delivery (Principles) and Level 3 Certificate in Operational Delivery (Advanced).
There is NO upper age limit to becoming an apprentice in HMRC.
About the apprenticeship
The operational delivery apprenticeship is for people working on the front line in public services in central and local government. It will typically take 12 to 18 months to complete and is a Level 3 programme.
As an apprentice in HMRC you will be permanently appointed as a customer service consultant from day one. You will receive the same on-the-job training as customer service consultants and carry out the same duties, but in addition you will work towards gaining internationally-recognised qualifications.
Qualifications and training
You will work towards these qualifications:
- City & Guilds Level 2 Award in Operational Delivery (Principles) - includes units on principles of working in operational delivery, providing customer service, and equality and diversity;
- City & Guilds Level 3 Certificate in Operational Delivery (Advanced) - includes units on working in operational delivery, providing customer service, managing team performance, operational delivery interviews, and visits;
- NVQ Level 2 Maths and English, if you do not already have C grade or higher GCSE Maths and English (or equivalent qualifications);
- All your training will be delivered during work time, but you must be prepared to undertake additional study and revision in your own time, particularly before exams and your final assessment.
To successfully complete the apprenticeship you will need to:
- gain the operational delivery qualifications (and maths and English, if necessary);
- pass the 'end point assessment' consisting of: a portfolio of evidence gathered by you throughout the duration of the apprenticeship; a work-based project; a presentation; an interview.
Please click on the below links for further information.
Operational Delivery apprenticeship standard - describes the values, knowledge, skills and behaviours you will develop through your role as a Customer Service apprentice and on- and off-the-job training.
Assessment plan - tells you how you will be assessed throughout and at the end of your apprenticeship.
Apprentice academy - all you need to know about the operational delivery apprenticeship.