Are you eligible to apply for a role?
- This site is no longer operational.
- The site was set up in September 2016 to support a specific recruitment exercise.
- The site has not been updated and the information contained within is based upon the job advert in September 2016.
- Please refer to the who to contact page if you would like contact details for HMRC Recruitment.
To be eligible for the role you must;
- Hold the right to live and work in the UK
- Hold a minimum of two A Levels grade E and above or equivalent qualifications* see below
- Hold a full and valid passport which you MUST present at interview
- Be able to provide all of the documents we need to complete your pre-employment screening and security clearance.
You will be asked to provide details of your qualifications in your application form. If you need any help determining if your qualifications are at least the equivalent of 2 A Levels (A-E), please visit: http://www.gov.uk/what-different-qualification-levels-mean/compare-different-qualification-levels or speak to your local careers service. We are sorry that we are not able to provide advice and guidance prior to your application to this regard.
What happens if you cannot locate your certificates?
If you are not able to locate your certificates please arrange to obtain copies as soon as possible. You can contact your exam board now and ask for a copy, the website below will provide you with guidance on how to do this.
You will need to confirm in your application that you have requested a copy of your certificates. If you are shortlisted to attend an interview and copy certificates have not arrived you will need to provide evidence of the request.
This is a non-reserved post under the Civil Service Nationality Rules and is therefore open to UK, Commonwealth and European Economic Area (EEA) nationals and certain non EEA members (Switzerland and Turkey).
Candidates will be subject to UK immigration requirements and you will need to demonstrate that you have the right to work in the UK for the number of hours required. This detail is checked prior to appointment.
HMRC does not provide UK visa sponsorships for applicants.
Please CLICK HERE to download the Candidate Information Pack where we have detailed further information to support your application. This pack has been updated on the 19th of September.
If you cannot find the answer to your query in the Candidate Information Pack please email [email protected].