What are we looking for?
We are looking for very large numbers of dynamic, enthusiastic individuals who have a thirst for interesting, varied and challenging work.
We will provide extensive training, exciting development opportunities and career paths in some of the most vibrant and successful areas of HMRC.
You do not need to have tax knowledge today, come from a financial background or have a degree in maths, yet you will need to be able demonstrate that you are:
- A strong communicator with sound interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Robust at making decisions whilst maintaining professionalism and sensitivity
- Committed to continuous improvement – you thrive in an environment where performance matters
- Resilient, flexible, adaptive and creative in solving problems and dealing with change
- Able to effectively organise and plan and think in an objective and analytical manner
- Able to demonstrate strong verbal and numeric aptitude and basic IT skills.
The key competencies for these posts
The competencies below demonstrate the key behaviours, skills and experience required for this role. We have provided further information on what competencies are and how we use them to select the best applicants in the Candidate Information Pack.